How to create a new subscription in Chargebee
Tutorial - Step by step
1. Go to the customers profile in Chargebee and click on the "Create New Subscription" button on the top right corner of the screen.
2. Choose the correct Product Family that matches your tenant and fill in the subscription information fields. The "Subscription ID" field should stay blank, but the "vin", "contract no" and "registration number" needs to be manually filled.
3. To find the "contract no", you have to go to the new created subscription in Command Center and copy the subscription ID. This can be found in the url, when located in the subscriptions page.
4. Choose the startdate the customer has requested for this subscription.
5. Add a plan to the subscription.
6. Choose the "Monthly vehicle subscription" plan.
7. Choose the correct currency and set the billing frequency to monthly, then add the configuration.
8. Set the correct price and create the subscription through the "Create" button at the top right corner of the page.
9. When the subscription is created succesfully, we have to add the contract start and end date to the subscription. This is done by clicking the "Add" button under the Subscription Configurations section.
10. The contract start date and end date has to be added with a UNIX date format. You can convert a date to UNIX format through this LINK. When you have the UNIX dates, you can start writing the JSON meta data in the same way as showed in the image below. A tip here is to copy the meta data from another subscription and change the numbers to the correct UNIX dates. When the meta data is complete, click on the "Add" button on the top right corner of the screen.